Friday, May 10, 2013

Today's the Day!

It is finally here...the day that I board my planes and fly across the world to the beautiful country of Spain. I have imagined this day for so long, and I can't believe I am sitting at the airport!!

Security checks are crazy, way more than I ever imagined. I feel like I had to empty half of my bag into trays before I could go through--electronics, laptop separate, shoes, coat, belt, liquids bag, medications. After security it takes a good 5 minutes to get resituated. But now I'm just relaxing at the gate, watching the planes go. It is really cool how they have iPads at every chair and so I'm just playing around on it and browsing the web. They are pretty cool. At the bottom of the screen it has your flight info and updates, and then you can play games, browse the Internet, and even order food right on it! Then a person brings the food right to your seat. Crazy. The skies are blue and sunny, a beautiful day to fly. I can't wait to look out the window when we take off.

I downloaded some new books on my nook and can't wait to get to reading them on this trip! I will be in the US until about 5:15pm, so if you need to call me, text me, or snap chat, you better do it before then! I will have my phone turned off in Spain and will just buy a cheap pay as you go phone to use there to communicate with the other students and my family. If you need to get ahold of me while I am in Spain, shoot me an email or Facebook message and I will get back to you when I get the chance!

I'm super excited to embark on this adventure. Hope you all have a great day and I will post an update when I get the chance. Thanks!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment