Wednesday, May 29, 2013

London Brain!

Today has been a busy day! I have so much to do before tomorrow, and a small time frame to fit it into! The weather here is really icky today. Rain, lots of wind, and cold temperatures. Nuria told me this afternoon that they have NEVER had to use the heat in the house in May, never! Until this year, and we've had it on quite a few days since I've been here. She blames it on me. Haha. And it's probably true. The icky weather from Grand Forks just followed me here. Sorry Spain! :)

School went well. Same old, same old. I have a test in my conversation/composition class tomorrow before our break, so I need to study for that tonight! It's kind of hard to focus on school and things here, because my brain and thoughts are totally already in London. Yesterday we bought tickets to see "Wicked" in London! I am super excited. I've never seen it live, but I love the music! And we got tickets in the second row, so it's going to be super cool. For some reason, there were 3 tickets all by their lonesome down there, and they were cheaper than the ones farther up! So we decided it was meant to be and took them :) There are so many things to do/see in London, but we have been looking and comparing and deciding and I think we have a good list. We want to take a double-decker tour of London, ride the London Eye, take pictures by some of the famous buildings/places, see the changing of the guards, and I'm not really sure what else!

I have to finish packing tonight, study for my test, and do a bunch of lit homework! I was super tired and crabby earlier, so I took a siesta this afternoon and feel so much better! I need to get more sleep here I think. Haha. I've layed out all of my outfits and stuff for packing, I just need to pack it! My family gave me a small plastic suitcase to use, but I think I am just going to use my backpack. It'll be easier when I'm walking around places, and I know for sure it'll fit on the plane. The weather in London is going to be allright, like 60s and party cloudy. I wish it would just warm up and be like summer already! The reason I need to finish packing tonight is because we are heading out of Avila tomorrow right after school! I have class until 2pm, and our bus to Madrid leaves at 3:15. My walk home is about 30/35 minutes, so I think I am just going to bring my bag to school and go home with Shanna and Emily and eat lunch there. Otherwise I won't have enough time to go home, eat, and walk back to the bus station. We will go to Madrid tomorrow afternoon, and spend the evening there, since our flight leaves very early in the morning. We fly out of Madrid at 7am and will be in London at 8:30! SO EXCITED :)

I am not going to bring my laptop because it's not really worth the hassle of lugging it around and checking it through security and keeping track of it while we're in London. It's only 3 days. I'm going to bring my nook though, so I can use that with Wi-Fi when we are at the hostel. I won't be able to upload pictures or anything, but I will have a TON to upload when I get back I'm sure! I'll try to update my blog while we're there, but I don't know how easy that will be on my nook. Guess I'll find out! We are in London until Monday morning, and then back to Spain we will come! It's going to be so fun to have a couple days off of school, see a different country and culture, and speak ENGLISH. :)

Time to finish packing, eat dinner, and do homework!

This is my current state of packing frenzy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment