Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Today was a very lazy Sunday. I was going to get up at 9:00, but I ended up sleeping in until 11! I felt really bad, but when I went downstairs my family was all in their pajamas and just starting breakfast. Turns out the whole house slept in. It was rainy and cold again today (I don't think it got much higher than 40 degrees), so we just stayed inside. I didn't feel like going out and spending another day walking around in the cold. After breakfast Marta and I watched TV for a while, and then I tried doing some homework. Keyword: tried. Motivation is hard to find at the moment, but I need to finish a ton of stuff before tomorrow so hopefully that motivation comes soon! I did laundry today for the first time!! They have washers here, but no dryers. And it's kind of weird because the washers are in the kitchen in what looks like a cupboard. Sort of like how a dishwasher is. They're little and cute. I'll have to take a picture one day. Since they don't have dryers, we would usually hang the clothes outside. Since it's raining and 40 degrees, we had to hang up my clothes inside. Good thing I didn't wait until the very last minute I needed to do laundry, because they are going to take a while to dry hanging inside. I should be good for a day or two though.

Then we had lunch and just hung out for a little bit. Last night, Marta had her friend Noelia over and I was playing with them and hanging out. Noelia is very good at English for her age, and can also play the piano. Last night she wanted me to teach her some simple songs so I did, and I taught Marta as well. Marta must have been practicing a lot this morning because this afternoon she showed me that she remembers how to play them and can play them much better! I taught her the top part to Heart and Soul, Happy Birthday, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She's so cute and keeps practicing and playing around and wants me to play songs or help her out. She takes violin lessons and is very musically talented. She learned very quickly and I haven't written out the notes or finger numbers for her at all. She just watches me play and I explain once in a while, and she picks it up. It's harder to explain than I expected, because I don't really know the names of the fingers here, like pinky or index finger. So this afternoon we played piano for a bit some more and we were able to play together on Heart and Soul. I played the bottom part and she played the top. I was really impressed that she was able to play it with me on her first try! She didn't get overwhelmed or confused by me playing a different part. Then Vanessa (a cousin) came over for a bit and we had hot cocoa and cookies. Some more family came over later too and we just hung out and talked. Then we declared a total house study hour. I needed to do homework, Marta and Jesús needed to study for her tests this week, and I think Nuria was working on her online class. I actually did get a little bit done during that hour, but I've still got plenty to do tonight. We ate dinner and then Mamma Mia was on TV! Mamma Mia is one of my favorite movies ever and I was SO excited when I saw a preview on the tv that it was coming up next. So after dinner Marta and I watched it. It was a classic winter moment, except it's the middle of May! Curled up on the couch, with hot cocoa, next to the fireplace. (Jesús actually put wood in and started the fireplace this morning because it is so cold in the house!)

*Proof that we did have the fireplace running today.*


I really enjoyed watching Mamma Mia. The speaking was in Spanish (voiced-over) but the songs were still in English (which are my favorite part!) The 4 of us have literally been in our pajamas all day. Haha. It's been a fun day to just chill and hang out though. Now it's time for me to hit the books so I'm not up too super late tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment