Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Muchos Deberes!

Yesterday (Monday) was a pretty regular day at school. Nothing much interesting happened in any of our classes. We just had lots of homework! I guess I should expect that, when I'm taking full courses in a span of 6 weeks instead of a full semester, but it's still hard to enjoy doing homework in the summer. The weather was very chilly again, go figure. Haha. In the late afternoon, Rico was hosting a practice session for the OIP test. The OIP test is a Spanish proficiency test that the Michigan students have to take in order to get a Spanish education degree. I don't need to take it obviously, but the practice speaking and conjugating is still good practice. It started downpouring right when I was going to leave (of course), but then my mom gave me a ride since she was bringing my little sister to academia at the same time. After the OIP thing, a few of us went to the computer lab to finalize our plans for the long travel weekend we have here. We have decided to go to LONDON. I am going with Shanna and Emily from UND, and our new friend Abbey from EMU. I am super excited because I have always wanted to go to London, and why not go since we are already so close?! We have a flight there/back and a hostel. We just need to figure out what we are going to do during our days there. Booking was kind of stressful because the sites track when you look at flights/hostels and tend to raise the prices, but we eventually got it to work out and are happy with our arrangements. That's one great thing about Europe: so many great places are oh so close. It'll be fun to visit another country for a few days, and be able to speak English for a bit! Then Shanna and Emily and I decided to all go back to my house for the evening. Shanna and I had a lot of literature homework to do, and it's easier to do with Wi-Fi because we can look up words/phrases with Google Translate if we get stuck. We had great intentions of eating dinner and quickly finishing our homework, but it turned into quite the long evening. We ended up Skyping and Facetiming with various people for a while, talking to my family, and eventually we did get our books open and finish our homework. Let's just say it was a long late night.

The webcam was a nice distraction for a little while. We are definitely the most beautiful chicas in all of Spain! Especially at 1:00am :)


Even though we had a few distractions, thank goodness we did our homework together! Because it took us about an hour and a half! Seperately, it definitely would have taken me at least 2 hours if not more. 

I can't wait to spend more time with you two crazy, beautiful girls this summer and get to know you better!! 5 more weeks of paradise in Spain! (if the sun ever comes out!) Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment