Saturday, June 8, 2013

Only 2 Weeks Left?!

I just wrote out this whole blog post and didn't ever save it as a draft, and then the internet died when I was at the end and so I am now starting the whole thing over again. HOORAY. :P

Time here is flying by so quickly! I can't believe that 2 weeks from today I'll be on my airplane back to the States! I'm not ready to leave yet :P We have been here for almost a month now! Which has gone by so quickly, but it also feels weird because it feels like I've been here so much longer than a month. It feels like home! Hard to believe that one month ago today I was taking my last final and driving home! I feel like so much has changed since then.

Classes are going really well and we're moving into the final chapters and units of things. In my culture class we have been studying Madrid which is really fun and interesting actually because I've been there and seen/experienced a lot of the things we are studying about. I hope to go to Madrid one last time either tomorrow (Sunday) or next Sunday to see a couple more things and buy a few souvenirs. There's not much for souvenir-type things here in Avila.

Thursday went by very quickly. Classes seemed to move super quickly which was nice, and then I just had the afternoon to hang. I went for a run which was really nice because the sun was shining and the weather was decent. Running here in the mountains is a lot different than running back in ND/MN though, that's for sure. There is no such thing as flat area to run on, so I got a lot of good leg workouts going up and down steep hills. It's also a little bit harder to breathe in the altitude, but I don't notice it much anymore. After my run I just relaxed at the house for awhile. I was home alone but it was so nice to just have some alone time. I feel like I never actually have any time alone here because I'm either at school with everyone, hanging out with friends, or home with my family. I sat in the living room and read my book I began reading when I started this trip (Silver Linings Playbook). I haven't had a lot of free time to sit and read here. My goal is to have it done by the time I get on my plane from Madrid to NYC because they have the movie on the plane so I could watch it. I have a long way to go before then though!

Friday was a really fun day! Classes went well, and we learned the final part of our Sevilla dance. We now know all the parts, but just need to practice a lot and work on remembering what comes when and polishing it all up. After school Marta had a birthday party out at a place in the country with her friends from school. I wasn't going to go because Nuria told me I'd probably be bored, but Marta kept asking me if I wanted to come and when I eventually said I'd come for a little bit, the big smile on her face made me know I made the right choice. I played with Marta and Noelia for a bit while the parents were setting stuff up, and then I helped Vanessa set up and make some of the games for the kiddos. When they started to arrive, a few of them came up and were talking to me and didn't realize that I'm not from here until I tried to speak. Haha. Then one boy asked me what country I was from and when I said the United States they all got really excited and wanted me to speak English and ask them questions in English so they could answer. They were so cute. One boy asked me about the tornados and if that's where I live. Smart kid. Must watch the news on TV :)

I rode back into town with a neighbor woman because I was going out to dinner with a group of my friends. 14 of us girls went to the pizzeria! Of course it started to downpour right as I was about to leave, but I didn't let that stop my quest for pizza! We all got little personal sized pizzas and then traded a few pieces here and there to try other types. I had a Hawaiian pizza, Shanna had banana (crazy, huh?!), and Emily had a barbecue beef one. We traded and they were all so amazingly good!!!!


We hung out in the city for a while, and then I went home with Shanna and Emily and decided to crash at their house because I didn't want to walk home alone in the dark. We had a fun slumber party :) I'm so excited to be able to spend more time with them at UND next fall! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment