Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Little Things

Now that the weather has been gorgeous, we've finally been able to go outside and swim in the pool!! Marta LOVES to swim and really likes that I'll go swim with her. I don't have any photos of that, but we have a good time. She loves doing handstands and I taught her how to do a somersault in the pool as well. I can't actually do one, but I could teach one! When I came home one afternoon she cutely asked me if I'd go swimming with her so she could go because Nuria was cooking and she can't go to the pool by herself. How can you say no to this adorable little face?!?! You can't... Haha.


After we went swimming on Friday, I went out with some friends to get hamburgers before the big fiesta in the park. I haven't eaten a hamburger in forever and it sounded so good! I didn't eat a normal hamburger though. It had a burger, ham, fried egg, bacon, and barbecue sauce! As weird as that may sound, it was super delicious and totally hit the spot. YUMMMM...


I didn't stay out super late at the fiesta in the park because we had our trip to Toledo in the morning, but it was a fun preview for Saturday night's fiesta. I'm really going to miss these fun little spontaneous things like swimming with Marta or grabbing burgers with friends. Gotta take advantage of these opportunities while I still have them here! I'm currently "babysitting" Marta at the moment because Jesus is working and Nuria had to run some errands, but I'm enjoying the sister time! I won't have much more of it! She got a tablet for her birthday and so I'm going to download and set up Skype on it before I leave so I can still talk to them and see them when I return to the states.

Another fun little thing I did this weekend was make pancakes!! I stayed at Kelli's house (my host mom's sister is Kelli's host mom, so we're family sort of) on Saturday night and then on Sunday morning we made pancakes for her family. It's actually the first time I've ever made pancakes from scratch! It was a little difficult at first, but we made it work. They don't use measuring cups at all, but I'd brought some from the US and then we just guesstimated with the teaspoons/tablespoons. They also didn't have a metal flipper thing so we had to use a wood one, but it turned out. They were really yummy and her host mom and brother both liked them. I miss pancakes! They don't have maple syrup here though, so we had to eat them with peanut butter and nutella. I'm hoping to make something for my host family if I have time this week, but I don't know if I will! They are going to teach me how to make the Spanish tortilla one day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment