Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Catching Up!

I've been really busy the last few days and haven't really had much time to update, so I'll give you a quick run-over of my last couple of days. Nothing very interesting has really happened. Haha.

SUNDAY.
I slept in until 11, which was SO nice. Especially after being up so late the past few nights. Noelia and Celia were still staying at our house for a while, so I played with them and I also helped Nuria with her English homework. She is taking an English course and her online activities are very similar to the Wiley Plus and Quia stuff we do at UND, but for English! It's pretty simple for me. Noelia was helping too because she's pretty good with English and she was having fun learning. I learned stuff too because when I was trying to explain things or translate them into Spanish, they'd help me phrase things correctly. Sunday afternoon we had our grand lunch with all of the family at Nuria's parents' house. It was really fun this time and the food was super good. The family is so sweet and nice and they love to ask us questions and see how we will respond to things. Another girl in our program, Kelli, lives with Nuria's sister Raquel, and so she's always at the family gatherings which is fun. It's nice to have another person I can talk to and actually carry on a good conversation with because when lots of people are talking at the same time, it's difficult to pick up much. So Kelli, her host brother (who is 19), and I hung out and talked after dinner and it was a fun family afternoon. That evening I went to Shanna and Emily's house and the 4 of us (Abbey was there too) curled up in their beds and watched the latest episode of the Bachelorette! It isn't broadcasted on TV here so we download the episodes and watch them on Shanna's iPad. It was a fun evening, but I had a LOT of homework waiting for me when I got back to my house. That is one thing I won't miss about being here is the classes and homework! Haha.

MONDAY.
Another day of classes. We officially just have two weeks of classes left! That's so crazy. Monday was a kind of long day. Classes seemed to take forever. In the afternoon we had an OPI session at the school and afterwards we all went to llao llao and got frozen yogurt. The weather has finally started to seem like summer here so frozen yogurt was a great treat. After llao llao Shanna and Emily and I came back to my house and chilled for a while so they could use the Wi-Fi to Facetime and Shanna and I wanted to work on our difficult lit homework together. My family was gone for the evening because Marta had a violin audition for something. We hung out for a while and then tried to crack down on our homework, but the drama we had to read was super difficult to understand so we worked for over an hour and then just gave up and decided to go to sleep. The pollen levels or something in the air are SUPER high right now and it's actually irritating me. I don't know what it is exactly, but my throat has been all scratchy and sore and icky. Luckily I brought some allergy meds with and that's helping a little bit.

TODAY.
I was super tired this morning, but as the day has gone on I've gotten more awake! I survived my classes of the day and after classes I had a conference with Rico about our experience here and our families, classes, etc. I didn't have much to say because I'm very happy here with almost everything. Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday (and today we saw them too), Emily and Shanna and I were in the computer lab at school and met a bunch of the girls from Illinois! There is another group of students from the US (Illinois) who are studying here at the same school we are and staying with families too. It was fun to talk to them for a little bit and see how they're liking the experience. All of their classes are on the second floor so I hadn't seen them before, but when we were in the lab it was totally obvious they were American and I'm sure we obviously were to them too. We just had lunch which was really good, and now I'm relaxing for a little bit and about to head over to Abbey's house so we can watch the next episode of The Bachelorette. I've never been huge into the show, but they love it and watching it with them so far has gotten me hooked on the season. After that I'll have lots of homework to do, so hopefully I can get started on it and not have to be up super late! The weather is gorgeous today finally, and it's supposed to be in the 80's the next 3 days. I can't wait!! FINALLY SUMMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment