Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One Month

Un mes. One month. ONE!

In one short month I will be boarding a plane to Madrid, flying 12 hours across the world to my new home for half of the summer. It's coming up crazy fast, and I feel like I have so much to do before then! Everyone here has Spring Fever and is so anxious to be done for the year. I will admit it, I am too and can't wait for it to finally be summer (especially because of this LONG winter we're having up here). I really enjoy when people ask me what I'm doing this summer, because instead of the classic "going home and working" or "I've got an internship at Altru," I get to say I'm going to Spain and see how they react! It's going to be a lot different having to continue school and keep taking classes in the summer, but I am ready for that challenge. And the little change of scenery won't hurt either :)

In these last 30 days here, I have lots to do. I need to pick up a few more things I need for my trip, get all my paperwork and travel plans finalized, and try to figure out my packing! My advisor told us we should lay out all of the clothes we want to bring, and then take only half of them. It'll be a challenge, but I just have to keep telling myself I don't need everything, and I'll have access to laundry in my home there so I don't need THAT many outfits. One interesting thing about Spain is most places do not have dryers and everything is hung to air dry. With that being said, I also want to make sure I'm bringing clothes that won't take forever to dry and won't lose shape/fit weird if they are not thrown in the dryer.

I have only 16 days of class left this year at UND! SIXTEEN! It's crazy! Finals are sneaking up quickly and my classes are wrapping up. I can't believe my first year of college is already almost complete. It's weird for me to think about how much has changed in this past year and where I am in my life now. A year ago, I never would have imagined myself packing to go to Spain at this point, but here I am doing it and extremely excited about it. It will be different to be that far away from my family, friends, and everyone back home, but I will be meeting so many new people and doing so many wonderful things. Thank goodness for Skype! I'll keep you all updated as I find out more information about my trip!

Here's my "family" group from orientation. Most of them are going to Norway. We're pretty cute :)


Tienen un día maravilloso!

No comments:

Post a Comment